Monday, September 1, 2008

The latest feature on Google Finance.

Already several times I have been comparing major finance portals. You can see my comparison between Finance Yahoo and Finance Google. Up to now Yahoo was always one step ahead Google. But today I would like to show you one feature released by Google which beats Yahoo.

For each ticker you can now display except the news also related posts on blogs. This section is on right sidebar as shown below.


Google is picking up blog posts which means that not all your posts tagged with ticker will be shown. Also all blog news are plotted to share price at the chart by letter. Google is linking directly to blogger page.

Yahoo has also Blog news section but it has only articles from well known aggregators like Seeking Alpha, Wall Street Journal or others.

Comments

3 Responses to "The latest feature on Google Finance."

Anonymous said... September 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Vlada
This is a neat feature for Google Finance to provide.More more bloggers are getting more respect. Way to go to Google.

I will wait to see my blog posts show up.:)

Vlada, Czech Republic said... September 1, 2008 at 10:32 PM

I've already found some of my posts tagged on Google finance. But unfortunately didn't feel increase of visitors. I think as the feature will become known and widely used then It will generate some more visitors.

Anonymous said... September 3, 2008 at 1:31 AM

Yes.We hope so.We will see.I think google should aggresively promote their finance site and bet yahoo. I am kinda getting tired of Yahoo.